Friday, September 18, 2009

Quickly, Two Promotional Links


Hey I know I've been sort of blog-crazy lately. I think the "heat" has driven me indoors. The "din in the head" as Cynthia Ozick calls it has left me staring mad-eyed into my screen.

Anyway, Thursday I wrote a couple longer posts about J.G. Ballard and Rene Daumal at The Rumpus.



I kind of pulled them out of my ass, as the saying goes, but I do believe both authors require extensive exploration and I encourage you to explore. Mt. Analogue might be the greatest non-new age New Age novel ever written about metaphysical mountaineering.

Also, I encourage you to read Rumpus chief editor Stephen Elliott's new book, The Adderall Diaries. Actually I need to do that too. It looks like a harrowing, visceral, genre-busting feat.

Thank you and good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment